There is a new Cell Phone App out there that offers rewards. AMAZON Gift cards actually. Here is what Couponing to Disney had to say about this:
Do you have an iPhone? If you do, it’s about to pay you!
There is a new app called Checkpoints and it’s really neat. You can earn a $1 Amazon.com gift card just by downloading it to your phone!
- Download the Checkpoints app on your iPhone. You can either do this throughiTunes or by searching the App Store directly from the iPhone (that’s what I did).
- Make sure you allow PUSH notifications during the install (if not, you can change it in the settings).
- Click on Register on the app on your iPhone and enter the bonus code: KIMNTRENT
- Update your Settings in the app to include your name and shipping info
- Click on Rewards and redeem your 300 points for a $1 Amazon.com gift card. the code will be emailed to you.
After you install the app, check it out! You earn points when you go to the grocery store, drug stores or local businesses and scan products on their shelves (with the iPhone) or share tips etc.
I just pulled it up on my phone and got 2 points just by being near a business. And there are tons of businesses that I can earn points just by being near them (it uses the locator on your iPhone to make sure you are actually near them).
At my local CVS it says if I go in the store and scan the following items I will earn points:
- Scan an Energizer product – 50 points
- Scan a 7th Generation product – 50 points
- Scan an Advil product – 15 points
- and so on and so on. There is a total of 192 points to be earned at this store
Here’s what it says I can cash my points in for:
- $1 Amazon.com gift card for 300 points
- $2 CVS gift card for 600 points
- $15 iTunes gift card for 4500 points
- and lots more! Just check out the Rewards tab on the iPhone.
It looks like fun to me. A good way to pass the time when you are bored somewhere.
I also got this awesome email from my reader Andrea:
I know you use Swagbucks for Amazon giftcards and that you also have an iPhone. Have you ever tried Checkpoints? I have made around $75 since the beginning of the year. You go to a store (I find Walmart to be the best) turn on the app and just scan things around the store. Sometimes I send my girls off to do it, like a digital scavenger hunt. You get points and a coin for each item. You use the coins in a slot machine and get more coins. I even won one of their 5,000 point jackpots. Only 300 points get you a $1 amazon gift card. I essentially started this as a way to pay for books on the Kindle I got for Christmas but now I am hoping for an iPod touch to give my family this year.
I just joined and while sitting on my couch I earned points because I live about a block away from a shopping center. check it out. It is pretty cool. Lets earn this together.